This page will be updated!
The following bylaws include the text of the original bylaws and any amending bylaws. They are provided on this page for general information only. Every effort is made to ensure their accuracy, but in the event that they differ from the original documents held at the Village Office, the originals are to be considered as the definitive references.
Urban Municipalities, such as the Village of Elbow, derive their powers from the Provincial Government, in particular The Municipalities Act.
For other Provincial Government Statutes, visit the Publications Saskatchewan.
- Repealing Bylaw (#21-04) - a bylaw to repeal outdated bylaws
- Public Notice Policy Bylaw (#21-03) - a bylaw to establish a public notice policy
- Code of Ethics Bylaw (#21-02) - a bylaw to establish a code of ethics for Council members
- Assessment Appeal Fee Bylaw (#21-01) - a bylaw to establish a fee to appeal assessments
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment (#16-04) - a bylaw to amend Section 4.6 (accessory uses), and RA Development Standards
- False Alarm Fire Calls (#16-03) - a bylaw to reduce the number of false incidents to which fire crews respond to, and to set the fees for such incidents.
- Building Bylaw (#15-02) - any renovation or new construction that is 100 sq ft or larger (building, deck, garage, addition, etc.), including basement development, requires a building permit. More information and forms can be found under "Building and Development Permits"
- Building Bylaw Amendment (#18-03) - in regards to fabric covered structures FORM E
- Mail-in Ballot Bylaw #20-07 - establishes a mail-in ballot voting system for municipal elections. Applications must be submitted (original copy) to the office of the Village of Elbow no later than 30 days before Election Day.
- Nuisance Abatement Bylaw - deals with dilapidated buildings, unoccupied buildings, overgrown grass and weeds (overgrown is defined as being over 0.20m in height), untidy and unsightly property, junked vehicles (defined as any automobile, tractor, truck, trailer or other vehicle that has no valid license plate attached to it or is in a rusted, wrecked, partly wrecked, dismantled, partly dismantled, inoperative or abandoned condition), open excavations, maintenance of yards, outdoor storage of materials, refrigerators and freezers, and fences.
- Noise Bylaw #7-91
- Water & Sewer Rate Bylaw #20-01 - fixes the rates to be charged for the use and consumption of water and the rates to be charged by way of a service charge for the use of sewer
- Base Tax Bylaw #18-02