About the Village of Elbow
Elbow has most of the essential services you would expect to find in either a tourist destination or a place to call home. We have a voluntary fire department, first responders who work with the EMS programs nearby; we are also home to an RCMP detachment.
Anyone interested starting a business in a great location should consider Elbow. We are situated right on Lake Diefenbaker, which provides an endless supply of fresh water. We have lots of space, a low cost of living and we are situated just 1.5 hours from all of southern Saskatchewan's major centres.
Elbow is a very active little community, with a census population of 341 neighbours and friends, and a great place to raise a family. Our seasonal population swells to 800+.
Think life in a small town is boring? Get active in the following clubs & organizations:
- Elbow Library Board
- Elbow Parks & Recreation
- Lake Diefenbaker Tourism Committee
- Elbow & District Museum & Historical Soceity
- Loreburn-Elbow Legion
- 19ers Minor Hockey
- 19ers Hockey Senior Team
- Recreational Hockey
- Figure Skating
- Men's & Ladies Golf Clubs
- Pickleball Club
- Floor Shuffleboard Club
- Lakeview Friendship Club (seniors)
- Weekly Bingo - on hold
- Elbow & District Wildlife Committee
- Volunteer Fire Department
- First Responders
- Churches, including Catholic, Lutheran & United
- Elbow Housing Authority (senior/low income housing units)